As a healthcare provider in Ohio, we try to take care of our patient’s overall well-being, which includes mental health. According to the WHO, approximately 15% of adults aged 60 and over suffer from a mental health disorder like dementia and depression.
While mental health disorders are caused by multiple factors, such as genetics and lifestyle, engaging in stimulating mental health activities can help reduce the risk of cognitive decline in seniors. Here are some fun mental health activities you can enjoy:
- Playing mind games, such as crosswords and jigsaw puzzles, chess, etc.
- Finding a new hobby, such as sewing, painting, playing an instrument, or singing.
- Getting in touch with friends through phone calls, letters, or video calls.
- Staying physically active through low-impact exercises, such as walking, yoga, and swimming.
- Volunteering in the community for a sense of purpose and belonging.
Do you or your senior loved one find it hard to do their usual daily routine? You may require home health services in Columbus, Ohio. Don’t hesitate to contact us at Supreme Touch Home Health Services Corp.
We are a Home Care Agency in Franklin County Ohio providing various home health services, such as home health aides, skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and others. We provide you with the care and health services you need so you can continue living your life independently.
Leave a Reply